Tuna Wrap with Hummus and Veggies
This Tuna Wrap with Hummus and Veggies offers a hefty dose of protein with a generous serving of veggies. It’s the perfect nutritious lunch!
This post is sponsored by Genova Premium Tuna | Thank you for supporting the brands I trust.
Tuna and Hummus: A Mean Lean Protein Combo
When it comes to a crisp and clean lunch that is both light and replenishing, these tuna veggie wraps with hummus are it. They’re so easy to throw together, and every wholesome bite is a reminder that you’re doing something good for yourself.
Quality protein-packed tuna is bundled up with tomatoes, carrots, sweet peppers, mixed greens, cucumbers, and red onions. You’re eating the rainbow and benefiting from the variety of vitamins and nutrients that each vegetable has to offer.
Genova’s Canned Tuna Stands Out
You might have noticed that the canned tuna section of your grocer is offering a lot more varieties these days. That’s because health, quality, and sustainability have become a lot more important to consumers, and brands are responding.
Genova is one of those brands. Their tuna is hand-filleted and offer up a clean and rich flavor that is noticeable in every bite. When it came to creating this nutritious wrap, there was no question about which tuna would suit it best: Genova’s Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil.
Easy and Refreshing Ingredients Are the Name of the Game
My favorite thing about this wrap is that you can slice and prep all of the veggies days before, seal them up in containers, and quickly put your wraps together as needed.
Now that most folks are working from home for the time being, this makes for a quick and convenient lunch that will curb you from takeout. And when the world goes back to normal and you’re headed back to the office, you can brown bag it!
Here are the ingredients:
- Whole grain wraps
- Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- Mixed greens
- Matchstick carrots
- Julienned cucumber
- Julienned sweet bell pepper (red, orange, or yellow)
- Minced red onion
- Lemon wedges
How to Make a Tuna Wrap with Hummus and Veggies
- Place your wraps on a flat surface.
- Smother about a tablespoon, give or take, of hummus around the center of the wrap.
- Place the mixed greens closer to the edge of one side of each wrap, and top with the tomato slices, carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, and onions, dividing everything between each wrap evenly.
- Top the vegetables with the tuna, half of a can for each wrap.
- Spritz some lemon juice, one wedge per wrap, over the tuna.
- Fold the sides of the wrap inward with an inch or so in between them so the filling is still somewhat visible.
- While keeping the sides pulled in, use your thumbs to bring the bottom edge of the wrap over the sides. Pull the bottom of the wrap taut and use it to roll over the filling and the folded sides. Roll until your entire wrap is secured.
Pro Tuna Wrap Tip
If you’re packing this as a lunch, you can secure your wrap further by wrapping it with parchment to ensure none of the folded ends untuck themselves.
You can also use a toothpick, just remember to pull it out before you eat!
Useful Tools for This Recipe
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- If you’re not a hummus fan, a smear of guacamole or cream cheese would work beautifully
- This recipe would work great as a lettuce wrap!
- If travelling with this wrap to eat later, wrap it snuggly in parchment to keep in intact. You could also use a toothpick or two to secure them shut. Just be sure to remove the toothpicks before you start eating!
Other Canned Tuna Recipes You’ll Love:
- Healthy Southwest Tuna Bowl with Lime Herb Dressing
- Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Cups
- Mediterranean Instant Pot Rice with Tuna
Have You Made This Recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider leaving a STAR rating & commenting below with feedback!
You can also show off your creations on Instagram by tagging @killing__thyme
Get the Recipe:
Tuna Wrap with Hummus and Veggies
- 2 large whole grain wraps
- 1 can of Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup julienned cucumber
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet bell pepper (red, orange, or yellow)
- 2 TBSP minced red onion
- 2 TBSP hummus
- 2 lemon wedges
- Place your wraps onto a flat surface and smear a hefty tablespoon of hummus around the center of the wrap.
- Place the mixed greens down onto the wrap, close to the edge of one side of each wrap. Then, top the greens with half of the tomato slices, carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, and onions, followed by the tuna. You will use half of a can for each wrap. Spritz some lemon juice over the tuna.
How to close the wrap:
- To close the wrap up neatly, fold the sides of the wrap inward with about an inch in between them so the filling is still visible. While keeping the sides pulled in, use your thumbs to bring the bottom edge of the wrap over the sides. Pull the bottom of the wrap taut and use it to roll over the filling and the folded sides. Roll until your entire wrap is secured.
- Tip: If you’re packing this as a lunch, you can secure your wrap further by wrapping it with parchment to ensure none of the folded ends untuck themselves. You can also use a toothpick, just remember to pull it out before you eat!