Healthy Southwest Tuna Bowl with Lime Herb Dressing
This healthy and filling Southwest Tuna Bowl is drizzled with a tangy Lime Herb Dressing, creating a refreshing lunch option you can take anywhere.
This post is sponsored by Chicken of the Sea® | Thank you for supporting the brands I trust.
Healthy and fresh is the name of the game with this Southwest Tuna Bowl. Drizzled with a tangy Lime Herb Dressing, this recipe takes flaky tuna away from the rich and heavy mayo that usually accompanies it—so you can take advantage of this lean protein without defeating its purpose.
Despite the fact that we’re using light ingredients, this bowl meal is wholly substantial. It’ll fill you up and give you the burst of energy you need to get through the rest of your day, making it the perfect lunch either in the home office or toting to the park!
Though you can easily enjoy it as a clean and simple dinner, too. Another perk worth noting: this recipe works extremely well for meal prep.
Table of Contents
What Makes a Southwest Tuna Bowl?
When we think Southwest flavors, we think cumin, coriander, cilantro, chili powder, and a touch of smokiness. As far as the veggies go, the list is lengthy—but you can almost guarantee you’ll see tomatoes, corn, bell peppers, and onions in the mix. Our Southwest Tuna Bowl includes all of these things.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken of the Sea’s Wild Catch™ Premium Ahi Yellowfin Tuna
- Baby Spinach
- Black beans
- Grape tomatoes
- Red onion
- Sweet bell pepper
Try Our High-Protein Canned Tuna Bowl!
Ditch the Chicken for a Sustainable Wild Catch
Southwest-style bowl meals are a popular item in the online recipe scene—but most of them incorporate chicken; sometimes steak or shrimp. Rarely tuna.
So, we’re thrilled to be introducing this concept to you. Using tuna makes this a heart-healthy pescetarian option that is jam-packed with Omega-3 fatty acids.
Chicken of the Sea®’s latest product line, Wild Catch™, offers quality wild-caught fish packed in a clean blend of water and sea salt. Varieties include Alaskan Salmon, Albacore Tuna, and Ahi Yellowfin Tuna.
They’re all free of preservatives and they’re sustainably sourced, so you can stock up and feel good about it; the Website even offers a sustainability report!
The Ahi Yellowfin Tuna used in this recipe packs 26 grams of protein per 4.5 oz container, making it a replenishing energy booster. And the flavor! It’s so clean, you’ll find that you can easily ditch the chicken for this good stuff.
It works well in pastas, salads, sandwiches, and of course, big healthy bowl meals.
Enjoy a bowl!
Healthy Southwest Tuna Bowl
- 1 4.5 oz pack of Chicken of the Sea® Wild Catch Ahi Yellowfin Tuna, drained
- 2 cups roughly chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup cooked black beans
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet bell pepper (red, yellow, or orange)
- 1/4 cup corn
- Lime wedge, for serving (optional)
Lime Herb Vinaigrette.
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Place all of the ingredients for the Lime Herb Vinaigrette into a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth and well mixed; set aside.
- Into a large bowl, place the spinach, tomatoes, avocado, black beans, red onion, and corn. Top with Chicken of the Sea® Wild Catch™ Ahi Yellowfin Tuna. Drizzle the salad with the lime herb vinaigrette and serve with a lime wedge for an extra spritz of freshness.