Dana Sandonato is the creator, author, and photographer behind Killing Thyme.
A journalism grad with a healthy appetite for writing, a taste for culinary adventure, a thirst for good beers, and an endless hunger for food photography—it’s no wonder I landed here! With Killing Thyme, I get to fulfill each of these passions. This all started in 2012 as a hobby and slowly became my full-time gig.
And Now, We’ve Got a Hefty Collection of Recipes!
Today, our archives offer recipes ranging from these popular Homemade Ramen Bowls to everything you need for a successful pizza night at home. Also, since becoming a mother in 2019, I’ve learned that unfussy weeknight dinners are *LIFE*. So yes, I caved and filled my kitchen with all of the latest time-saving gadgets in order to both a) save my sanity and b) provide you with easy going solutions to your weeknights. I’m talking Sheet Pan Chicken Philly Cheesesteaks, Crispy Air Fryer Buffalo Wings, One-Pan Tex Mex Salsa Chicken and Rice, and our absolute favorite, which we make every Tuesday, Instant Pot Ground Turkey Tacos.
My Food Philosophy.
Food is love. There’s nothing like making a beautiful meal for those you care about and I hope my recipes encourage you to love what you eat, while also enjoying the process of making it. Food should not only feed your belly but your heart and your soul, too. We don’t call certain foods comfort foods for nothing. With that, I think it’s important to balance smart choices and indulgences while never denying yourself what makes you happy. If you’re nourishing your body most of the time, there are no guilty meals or snacks that should make you feel like you’re “being bad”. Killing Thyme offers a space free of criticism and judgement of food choices. We eat our veggies, we drink our water, and for the love of what’s good, we guiltlessly mow down those burgers, loaded tacos, and cheesy pizzas!
In my quest to embrace body positivity and less guilt-ridden eating, I’ve been tuning into the More Than What You Eat podcast hosted by Rachel Goodman, RDN. 10/10 DO RECOMMEND.
Where to Start.
- Take a look through my recipe catalog to get a feel for things. You’ll find a variety of eats from healthy crispy baked chicken cutlets to a juicy beefy burger. My most popular dishes include a make-it-yourself Ramen bowl, this Tender Slow Cooker Pot Roast, and this brightly flavored Chili-Seasoned Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Lime Butter.
- If you like what you see, subscribe to my newsletter! I don’t send it out on a regular schedule. I keep things pretty minimal and on a need-to-let-you-know basis.
- Be sure to check out my Seasonal Produce Guide for a list of what’s in season by month!
- I also have a Fish and Seafood Guide available full of cooking tutorials and information on how to shop sustainably.
Browse My Shop!
Killing Thyme recently opened up a shop to help you navigate your kitchen needs and choose appliances, tools, and gadgets based on my own experiences and recommendations.
Click here to check it out!
Get To Know Me. Here Are 5 Random Facts:
- I’m an avid reader; I average about 4-5 books a month and my bookshelves are STACKED.
- I’m an introvert and a homebody.
- Top five movies in no particular order: The Breakfast Club, The Wedding Singer, Pulp Fiction, LOTR: Return of the King, and Bridesmaids.
- If I’m not listening to Lana Del Rey or Japanese Breakfast, I’m stuck in the 80s and 90s.
- Hard shell tacos > soft shell tacos. Fight me.
✓ Like KillingThyme on Facebook
✓ Follow @Killing__Thyme on Instagram
✓ Follow @Killing_Thyme on Pinterest
✓ Follow @Killing_Thyme on Twitter
✓ Subscribe to my monthly newsletter here
And feel free to reach out to me anytime.
The site may contain links to affiliate websites, and I received an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links.