This post is sponsored by King Oscar | Opinions are my own
If smoked fish dip and spinach dip had a love child, this would be it.
The issue I seem to encounter with most creamy dips, whether found at the supermarket or on the Internet, is the barbaric amount of mayonnaise and sour cream added to the mix.
For the love of ALL that is tasty, must we drown our beautiful ingredients in a sea of tangy goop??
Don’t get me wrong. I love creamy dips as much as the rest! But when a recipe is 3/4 mayo, I’m out.
With that said, when it came to making a dip for this years’ holiday entertaining, I was eager to create a dip that was creamy and dreamy without the forehead-slapping amount of calories; a dip that let the true ingredients shine.
I’m happy to report that that achievement has been unlocked!
The smokey fish shines *really* bright in this one.
King Oscar’s Kipper Snacks
Kipper Snacks are King Oscar’s high-quality boneless fillets of wild-caught herring, and believe me when I say they take this dip to a *whole* new level.
They’re traditionally smoked (artificial smoke, BYE) and they’ve been made the same way for centuries. Much like King Oscar’s sardines and mackerel, Kipper Snacks are versatile and can be used in oh-so-many ways—from cracker toppers to brunch-y foods like Fisherman’s eggs.
Maybe we should try them in this Fisherman’s Huevos Rancheros sometime?
Keeping His Majesty’s fans in mind.
One of my favorite things about King Oscar is their fan base. I’ve never worked with a company with such fierce devotees. They take the time to engage on social media and they share recipes. Some like to dabble with innovative dishes while others are proud purists who refuse to let their sardines go farther than a box of crackers. This is why it was so important for me to create a recipe that let the product shine and could please all of His Majesty’s lords and ladies. Because they’ll be the first ones to call someone out if they do wrong to KO’s fish—and rightfully so!
Perfect for holiday entertaining.
This good stuff is superb for any and all hosting—no matter what the occasion may be. Whether it’s summer time and you need a patio snack to accompany those cold beers, or it’s winter and you need a fireplace snack to accompany those cold beers… this dip is *it*.
(Did I mention this dip pairs really well with cold beers?)
If you make this recipe, please snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @killing__thyme! I love hearing from you <3
For more delish recipes that bring King Oscar to your table, try these:
- For breakfast: Fisherman’s Huevos Rancheros
- Lunch: Mediterranean Mackerel Protein Wrap, Mini Puttanesca Pizzas
- Dinner: Five-Ingredient Weeknight Pasta With Sardines and Tomatoes
- And entertaining: Crispy Fish Cakes With Lemon Caper Yogurt Dip
Not sure if King Oscar products are available near you? Find out here.
Smoked Fish Dip With Spinach
- 6.5 oz King Oscar Kipper Snacks, divided (two tins, drained)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 TBSP shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cooked spinach (see notes)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Roughly chop *half* of the Kipper Snacks and throw them into a blender or food processor along with the mayo, sour cream, parmesan, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and transfer to a bowl or container.
- Mince the other half of the Kipper Snacks and toss them into the dip. This gives the dip some texture and nice smokey bits of fish.
- Add the cooked and drained spinach into the dip, and then add the sliced scallion. Season with salt and pepper, mix thoroughly, and taste. Season to adjust.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least two hours, or up to a day in advance before serving. The dip is fine once made, but allowing the flavors to settle promises a tastier, smokier dip, and it will be worth the wait :)