Caesar BLT Sandwich with Peppered Bacon
This Caesar BLT Sandwich is stuffed with peppered bacon and puts a refreshing spin on a classic. You’re going to love it!
Table of Contents
Yep, a Caesar Blt Sandwich With Peppered Bacon Is Just as Good as It Sounds!
Kicking the BLT up a few notches with some Caesar salad flare just makes sense to me.
We’ve got bacon and we’ve got lettuce. So why not bring in the Caesar dressing, parmesan, lemons, and pepper into the equation?
This spin on the classic BLT adds so much flavor without adding any hassle. Totally worth it. You’ll love it!
What Is a BLT Sandwich?
Bacon. Lettuce Tomato. These are the things that make up a true BLT, hence the name. But everyone’s got their way of doing it.
Some folks toast the bread, some don’t. Some like a generous schmear of mayo on it, while others prefer butter. You get the idea.
However you plate it, we’ve all turned to the BLT sandwich for ease. Whether it be a simple dinner when you’re feeling lazy, or a cooler option when it’s too hot to cook.
The BLT sandwich is our friend.
What to Serve With This Caesar BLT
The sandwich alone acts as a nice light meal. But if you’re looking for a good side, here are some options:
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Crunchy Greek Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Grilled Asparagus
- Homemade Tomato Soup
- Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Just a Handful of Ingredients
- Bread. Whatever kind of bread you love. I enjoy a seed-y whole grain brain, and my husband loves fresh Italian bread. This ‘wich is delicious with either!
- Lettuce. I’m always partial to a nice crisp romaine or bibb when it comes to my sandwiches, but I opted for mixed greens here and it worked beautifully.
- Tomatoes. A nice and juicy beefsteak tomato is my go-to. But you can slice up some Romas or even get fancy and use some heirlooms!
- Bacon. Get yourself a nice thick butcher cut variety. We all deserve better than flimsy bacon strips, friends. Go BIG.
- Caesar dressing. Of course I opt for my very own homemade Caesar dressing, but any will do.
- Parmesan cheese. Definitely go for the fresh stuff. I suggest Parmigiano-Reggiano or a Pecorino-Romano.
- Cracked pepper. Get your pepper mill out, because we want nice big flakes of cracked pepper on that bacon before we bake it.
- Lemon. A little lemon zest and juice just brings it all together, creating freshness in every bite.
How to Make My Caesar BLT Sandwich with Peppered Bacon
- Get your oven preheated to 350º F. Place your bacon strips onto a baking sheet and crack a generous amount of pepper over them, then bake them for 15-20 minutes, or until they’ve reached your preferred level of crispness.
- When the bacon is done, remove it from the oven and carefully transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate. Gently dab the bacon and let it sit on the paper towels to get rid of excess grease.
- Place your lettuce of choice into a mixing bowl, add your dressing, cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice, and toss until evenly coated; set it aside.
- Toast your bread to your preferred level of toastiness.
- Arrange some of your dressed greens over one slice of toast, then top it with tomato slices, followed by the bacon, more greens, and then close it off with the second piece of toast.
- Cut it in half and enjoy!
Useful Tools for This Recipe
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Paper towels
Recipe Tips + Tricks
- Shameless self-promo: this recipe works super well with my homemade Caesar dressing.
- You can easily turn this into a hearty breakfast sandwich by adding an egg.
- Add some slices of turkey for a filling club-like sandwich.
- Feeling like this would be good with Ranch? Try it with my dill pickle ranch dressing!
- If you’re avoiding red meat, opt for turkey bacon.
Have You Made This Recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider leaving a STAR rating & commenting below with feedback!
You can also show off your creations on Instagram by tagging @killing__thyme
If Sandwiches Are Your Jam, You’ve Got to Try These:
- Simple Egg Salad Sandwich
- The Best Tuna Sandwich
- Healthy Curry Chicken Salad With Grapes
- Roasted Hatch Chile Grilled Cheese
Caesar BLT With Peppered Bacon
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 cups mixed greens or lettuce of your choice, roughly chopped
- 2 TBSP Caesar dressing
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino-Romano
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 6 strips of thick cut bacon
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
To make the peppered bacon:
- Preheated the oven to 350º F.
- Place the bacon strips onto a baking sheet, then hit them with a generous amount of cracked pepper; bake for 15-20 minutes, or until they've reached your preferred level of crispness.
- When done, remove the bacon from the oven and carefully transfer it to a plate or surface lined with paper towels. Gently dab the bacon with a wad of paper towels to get rid of any excess grease.
To make the Caesar lettuce:
- Transfer the lettuce into a mixing bowl, add the dressing, cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice, and give it a toss until the lettuce is evenly coated; set aside.
To bring the Caesar BLT together:
- Toast the bread in a toaster to your preferred level of toastiness.
- Place about 1/4 of the dressed greens over one slice of toast. Top with tomato slices, three slices of bacon, and about 1/4 more greens. Close it off with the second piece of toast, cut in half, and repeat for the other sandwich.