Lemon Pepper Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
These tasty air fryer baby potatoes are dressed in a tangy lemon pepper blend and pair with just about any main dish!
Table of Contents
About My Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
These zippy little potatoes keep things really simple with both the cooking method and the flavor. Lemon pepper goes with pretty much anything—from fish to pork! So you can rely on this recipe as a side for any occasion.
What to Serve These With
- The lemony flavors of chicken piccata pair really well with these baby potatoes. I love pasta with this chicken, but if you’re looking to change things up, these little gems are great.
- Sweet and Spicy Pork Tenderloin always pairs well with potatoes, and these ones are no exception.
- When it comes to fish, Chili-Seasoned Mahi Mahi or Grilled Swordfish Steaks are great options. And to keep things super simple, Salt and Pepper Crusted Chilean Sea Bass.
- Baby potatoes. Any baby potatoes will work in this recipe, but based on personal preference, I’d go with a buttery golden variety, like honey gold or something of that sort.
- Lemon pepper seasoning. We’re of course using fresh lemon and cracked pepper in this recipe, but the actual seasoning really makes the flavors pop.
- Garlic and onion powders. These are dry rub essentials in my world. Nothing tastes its best without garlic and onion.
- Smoked paprika. You can definitely use regular or sweet paprika! I tend to like a bit of smokiness.
- Crushed red pepper flakes. Totally optional, but I love these for a little kick. If you want more heat, feel free to go heavy on the pepper flakes!
- Olive or avocado oil. Essential for coating the potatoes so that seasonings stick and the skin crisps up!
- Fresh lemon. You’ll spritz your potatoes with some fresh lemon juice before serving for a nice bright tang!
- Cracked pepper. A few generous cranks of black pepper will finish things off perfectly.
- Parsley. Optional, but everything looks better with a pop of green!
How to Make Them
Start things off by preheating your air fryer to 400º F.
Then, create your spice blend. Mix the lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and crushed red pepper flakes together in a large mixing bowl until well blended. Poor in the oil and give it a good whisk to form a thick dressing.
Give your potatoes a rinse under cool water, dry them off, and pop them into the mixing bowl with the dressing. With your bare hands, toss them until they’re well coated.
Pop the potatoes into the air fryer basket and air fry them for 10 minutes. Open the air fryer, give it a shake, and pop them back in for another 5-8 minutes, depending on the size of your baby potatoes. Some baby potatoes are smaller than others, so err on the side of caution and check in at 5 minutes.
When done, transfer the potatoes to a serving platter, hit them with some fresh lemon juice and a few cranks of pepper, and garnish with fresh parsley.
- If you’re doubling the recipe, be sure to cook the potatoes in batches. Overcrowding the air fryer basket will yield unevenly cooked potatoes and prevent crisping.
- If there’s a variety in the potato sizes (some are noticeably larger than others), you can cut the larger ones in half. Every potato should be one bite’s worth!
Necessary Kitchen Tools
Have You Made This Recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider leaving a STAR rating & commenting below with feedback!
You can also show off your creations on Instagram by tagging @killing__thyme
More Potato Recipes You’ll Love
- Crispy Roasted Mini Potatoes
- Basic Creamy Mashed Potato Recipe
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes With Rosemary
- Herb and Garlic Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Lemon Pepper Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1.5 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
- Preheating the air fryer to 400º F.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and crushed red pepper flakes. Slowly whisk in the oil, forming a thick dressing/seasoning paste.
- Rinse the potatoes under cool water, dry them off well, and transfer them to the mixing bowl with the dressing. Toss them with your bare hands until they're well coated. (You could use a large mixing spoon or spatula, but I find using my hands distributes the seasoning more evenly and efficiently.)
- Transfer the potatoes to the air fryer basket and cook them for 10 minutes. Open the air fryer, give the basket a shake, and pop the potatoes back in for another 5-8 minutes, depending on the size of your potatoes. Some baby potatoes are smaller than others, so to be safe and avoid burning, check in at 5 minutes.
- When the potatoes are done, transfer them to a serving bowl and hit them with some fresh lemon juice and a few cranks of pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!