Best Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe
Grace your holiday table with the Best Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe out there! It’s quick, easy, and comes out juicy and tender every time.
The Days of Oven-Roasted Turkey Are Over.
In just 30-40 minutes, you can have the most succulent crispy-skinned turkey breast ever. You’ll never look back! Much like everyone else talking about air fryer recipes right now, I too swore I wouldn’t add another kitchen gadget to my arsenal. But here we are—and clearly I’m not mad about it. There are some things I’ll never roast in the oven again, and a turkey breast is one of them thanks to this bomb air fryer turkey breast recipe. The cherry on top: you can keep the oven free for other things, which makes this recipe incredibly useful for the holidays.
Ingredients You’ll Need for This Recipe.
- 3-4 lb turkey breast
- Chicken broth
- Large carrot
- Leek or onion
- Olive oil or melted butter
- Rotisserie seasoning, or sea salt and pepper
- Fresh rosemary, sage, and/or thyme (I use a blend of the three)
Pro Tip: Brine Your Turkey!
To ensure an extra juicy and flavorful turkey breast, give my turkey brine recipe a go. You’ll love it.
How to Cook a Turkey Breast in an Air Fryer.
In order to prepare my turkey breast, I did everything I’d normally do before roasting it, including brining. Brining is optional, but it’s a step I don’t skip when it comes to turkey since it promises a perfectly juicy and flavorful turkey every single time.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350º F.
- When ready, remove the air fryer basket and pour some chicken broth to the bottom of the air fryer basket base—just enough to cover the bottom.
- Place the sliced vegetables and fresh herbs onto the fryer basket, placing the turkey breast in the middle.
- Brush the top (skin side) of the bird with olive oil or melted butter, getting some of the oil or butter beneath the skin, then rub the entire bird with rotisserie seasoning or salt and pepper.
- Carefully flip the bird to skin side down, and place it in the air fryer for 15 minutes at 350º F. When done, remove the air fryer basket and carefully flip the turkey breast to skin side up with large tongs or two spatulas. Cook it in the air fryer for another 30 minutes.
- Remove, and check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer—you’re looking for an internal temperature of 160-165º F.
- When it’s ready, place it onto a cutting board or serving platter to rest for 15 minutes before slicing into it.
How Long to Cook a Turkey Breast per Pound.
When you’re roasting a turkey breast in the oven, the rule is about 16-20 minutes per pound at 350º F. A 3-pound turkey breast, like I’ve used in this recipe, would take about 48 minutes give or take. In the air fryer, I go for a little less time at 45 minutes. That’s 15 minutes skin-side down, and then about 30 minutes flipped to skin-side up. Remember that these timelines are only supposed to give you a ballpark time to work with, though. Any poultry is ready once it reaches 160-165º F. So be sure to keep an eye on the internal temperature above all else.
Useful Tools for This Recipe:
Recipe Tips + Tricks.
- To guarantee a juicy, tender, and flavorful turkey breast every time, brine it! Even if you happen to overcook the breast, the brining process will help keep the meat juicy.
- If you do brine your turkey beforehand, be sure to rinse it off and pat it dry prior to seasoning it, or else it will be too salty.
- Include fresh herbs and sliced vegetables in the fryer basket to add aromatics and richness to the flavor.
- Add chicken broth to the bottom of the air fryer basket base to help retain moisture.
- Brush the top (skin-side) of the breast with olive oil or melted butter to get a nice golden crispy skin.
- For a more herbal flavor, you can add dried herbs to your seasoning
Have You Made This Recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider leaving a STAR rating & commenting below with feedback!
You can also show off your creations on Instagram by tagging @killing__thyme
Sides to Serve With Your Air Fryer Turkey Breast:
- Herb and Garlic Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Simple Instant Pot Rice Pilaf
- Crispy Roasted Mini Potatoes
- Hot Honey Roasted Carrots
- Oven-Roasted Broccoli with Nutritional Yeast
Get the Recipe:
Best Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe
- 3 lb boneless turkey breast, skin on
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 large carrot, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 ribs of celery, halved
- 1 leek, sliced in half lengthwise, You could also use an onion, sliced in half or quarters
- Fresh sprigs of rosemary, sage, and/or thyme (I use all three)
- 2 TBSP olive oil or melted butter
- 2 TBSP Rotisserie seasoning, Or 1 tsp sea salt and 1 tsp cracked black pepper, give or take
- 7 Quart Air Fryer (give or take on the size)
- Preheat the air fryer to 350º F. When heated, remove the air fryer basket and pour some chicken broth into the bottom of the air fryer basket base.
- Put the sliced vegetables and fresh herbs onto the surface of the fryer basket, and place the turkey breast in the middle.
- With a basting brush or clean hands, cover the top (skin side) of the bird with olive oil or melted butter, getting some of the oil or butter beneath the skin. After that, rub the entire turkey breast with rotisserie seasoning, or salt and pepper if you're using that. Flip the bird to skin side down, and pop it in the air fryer for 15 minutes at 350º F.
- After 15 minutes, open up the air fryer basket and carefully flip the turkey breast to skin side up with large tongs or two spatulas. Cook it in the air fryer for another 30 minutes.
- When done, check the internal temperature of the turkey breast with a meat thermometer; you want an internal temperature of 160-165º F. Carefully remove the breast from the air fryer with the tongs and place it onto a cutting board or serving platter to rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
145 Comments on “Best Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe”
Love this air fryer version of turkey breast. LOoks so perfect. Thanks for sharing.
This turkey is so succulent and tender! Perfect in the air fryer.
This turkey is so juicy and tender. Such a great idea to use an airfryer to save money and space in the oven.
Let the air fryer do all the work for your turkey this holiday season. It comes out super juicy on the inside and the skin is perfectly flavored on the ourside.
Can’t wait to try making this air fryer turkey breast! A great way to save space in the oven!
This looks delicious! We’ll be having a small group for Thanksgiving this year so I’m bookmarking this.
Quick, easy and looks perfectly moist and tender. A perfect turkey breast recipe.
I did a trial run of this turkey breast before the holidays. I can’t believe how juicy it is! Scrumptious
Wow! I never would have thought to make a turkey breast in the air fryer! Definitely going to try this soon. :)
Keep me posted!
I’m always looking for new ways to prepare turkey, and this air fryer turkey recipe looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it!
Can’t wait to hear what you think!
I’m just amazed at all the amazing things that can be made in an air fryer! This looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing.
I feel the same—so glad I caved and bought the air fryer when I did. Haha.
I had never thought to make turkey in the air fryer before but I’m so glad I tried this recipe! It turned out perfectly – moist and juicy!
Yes! I’m so glad. It’s such a great method.
Never making turkey breast any other way again!
I love the idea of cooking my turkey breast in the air fryer. Frees up my oven for other dishes.
Such a bonus, trust me.
Super juicy, just like turkey should be. Thanks for the recipe, it is hard to find solid turkey recipes that are not dry, and I can’t believe it is made using an air fryer!
Isn’t it awesome? I’m so glad you enjoyed it as much as you did. The air fryer really is a gem of an appliance :)
Love how easy this recipe is. Can’t wait to try it this weekend. thank you for the recipe!
You’re so welcome!
This is a great recipe and tips to have before Thanksgiving!
Glad it’s helpful!
This was so easy and tender. Love the rotisserie seasoning especially, such great flavor!
Gave this a test run over the weekend and wow, way better than I even anticipated! Did the brine and all and it was worth every minute. I will be using this recipe for Thanksgiving this year.
That’s awesome, Marcie!
Love that this turkey breast is done in under an hour. This is perfect for my family we prefer the white meat so rather than make the entire turkey I am going to try your recipe.
So quick and convenient!
I crave turkey all year and this is perfect for off-season as well! It was super delicious and so easy, great option for the holidays!
I’m glad you enjoyed it, Kim!
This turkey looks so so good! I love that golden brown color. Such a great use of the air fryer and fantastic addition to the holidays.
This air fryer turkey breast looks tender, juicy and perfectly cooked.
Juicy. I couldn’t believe the air fryer could make such tender Turkey breasts
It’s a winning method!
Gave this recipe a test run since I had never cooked a turkey breast in an air fryer before. However, it came out juicy, tender, and absolutely perfect!
Glad to hear it!
This recipe is seriously amazing! I will definitely make it again and again!
Flavorful, juicy, and totally delicious. This recipe was a huge hit at my house. I’ll bookmark this one to make again – it was really good!
Such a great way to cook turkey and space saving for Christmas too.
Tender and juicy turkey every time! I’ll be cooking it in my air fryer all the time from now on.
I’ve decided the same, haha.
Love the presentation, and the turkey breast tastes perfect. Thanks for sharing.
You’re welcome :)
I never would have dreamed of making turkey in an airfryer. Thanks for the inspiration.
This is perfect with just two of us and we arent fond of dark meat, this will be a delicious meal for two!
Great to hear, Claudia!
This air fryer turkey was so juicy and tender. I will never make my turkey breast any other way!
I’m with you, Tara!
I have already saved this recipe for Thanksgiving because I’ll be making a turkey breast! I can’t wait to make it it looks soo juicy!
Keep me posted, Cam :)
I appreciate that I’ll be able to free up my oven by making a turkey breast in the air fryer. Bookmarking this recipe for thanksgiving!
It’s so nice to have your oven freed up for other things!
This Air Fryer turkey breast looks so moist and tender. Love the seasonings used and how easy it is to make.
I LOVE not tying up the oven when I want turkey–genius!
This turkey came out perfectly juicy. I will definitely be making it again.
I love how juicy and tender this looks, and I’d definitely be making sure there are plenty of tasty herb flavors. Yum!
The warming herbs make it!
MMMM this turkey breast was so moist and yummy. Love it made in the air fryer!
Glad you enjoyed it!
I am so excited to try this. I am already drooling over all the ingredients. Looks so good.
Thank you! Let me know what you think when you try it.
This looks like such an easy way to make turkey for the holidays!! I can’t wait to add this to our Thanksgiving menu!
Keep me posted :)
Easy to make, easy clean up and no heating the whole kitchen. Definitely a wonderful turkey breast that is perfect for any occasion.
Totally agree! A nice change of pace.
One of my favorite recipes I tried is turkey for air frying this year, tender and juicy this recipe is perfect!
I’m so glad!
We aren’t having a big Thanksgiving this year, so I can’t wait to try making a turkey breast in the air fryer. Thanks for sharing!
Turkey breast is perfect for smaller gatherings!
I never knew you could cook turkey breast in an air fryer, and this recipe is divine! Perfect for holiday gatherings.
Yes! A great option for a smaller holiday crowd.
So I’ve made this twice. The first time I skipped the brine because I was short on time. It was really good. Second time around I did the brine and it was SENSATIONAL. Pretty sure I just always need to brine turkey now.
Thanks for the feedback, Gabby! It’s good to know it’s a hit either way. But I agree, brining brings it to a whole other level.
I am sooo glad I came across this recipe! I am always searching for new things to make in the air fryer and this turkey is so moist and delicious!
YES! 30-40 minutes is making this delicious meal even better! Thanks for the tips on the broth too! I think that made a huge difference so it wouldn’t dry out.
I’m glad the broth helped!
I’m always looking for new air fryer recipes, and boy am I glad I found this one! You’re right… I may never roast a turkey in the oven again!
It’s so nice to leave the oven for other things, like sides!
We made this for Thanksgiving last year and it was amazing! Definitely using this recipe again this year!
I’m so glad!
Made this for a Sunday dinner this past weekend and it was amazing! Going to do this for thanksgiving this year!
Such a great way to cook turkey breast! It was so fast and turned out delicious!
Awesome to hear, MJ!
Oh wow, meat looks perfectly cooked, tender, and flavorful. I have to save this recipe and give it a try. Thanks!
Keep me posted!
Great recipe! So tender and juicy… We enjoyed it very much last night and the leftovers made great sandwiches for lunch today too! Thanks for sharing.
Oh yes, the leftovers are so good! Especially in sandwiches!
Quick and so flavorful! we loved it will make it often perfect for guests also!
Great to hear!
I absolutely love this recipe. I had a turkey breast in the freezer that I bought on sale, and I made it with this recipe. It was outstanding. The skin was perfect, and the spices were fantastic.
That’s awesome, Beth!
This air fryer turkey looks so moist and delicious. Great idea!
This turkey turned out so good! It was juicy and flavorful. Thank you so much for the recipe!
Thrilled to hear it, Kristen!
Pinned to make for my family this week. Can’t wait! :)
Keep me posted :)
My air fryer is my new best friend and I cannot wait to make this recipe. I know this recipe will become a family favorite in my house
I hope it does!
Another recipe was added to my menu for my air fryer adventures again! Will definitely make this. Thanks for sharing!
Keep me posted!
Outstanding!! I tried air fryer turkey for dinner last night, and it was amazing! The turkey was so juicy and tender, Perfect! Thanks for sharing such a quick and easy recipe!
You’re welcome! Glad you enjoyed it.
Very yummy recipe! I am making it again tonight, the first time was a hit!
JUST got my air fryer and can’t wait to give this a go!
Yay! Let me know how it goes.
Thought this would be dry. Turns out to be juicier and tender on the air fryer instead of the oven!
I’m glad you were pleasantly surprised :)
YES, YES YES! I am looking for an easy feel like Thanksgiving (without all of the Turkey leftovers), and this is it. Cooking a whole turkey is such a big commitment, so I can really appreciate an alternative.
So happy this works for you, Lily!
Cooking turkey in the oven has always intimidated me, so I love the option to make it in the air fryer instead! I’ll have to try this out next week to see if it’s a contender for Thanksgiving dinner. Thanks for the recipe!
Hope it worked out!
Genius idea to cook the turkey breast in the air fryer!
It’s amazing what you can make in the airfryer! This recipe is perfect for the holidays.
My turkey came out super tender and delicious! thanks for such a solid recipe!
I’m so happy to hear this! You’re so welcome!
Meat looks perfectly cooked and so delicious. I will give your recipe a try. That’s for sure. Yum!
Hope you love it, Natalie!
Sounds delicious! I love that is made with an air-fryer! Needed a hassle-free Thanksgiving recipe!
Yes! I’m always so skeptical when these new and trendy appliances come out, but I eventually cave lol. And I’m so glad. Because the air fryer is LEGIT.
This is really the best air fryer recipe I’ve tried! Seriously amazing!
Toni, I’m so glad! Thank you! I’ve been having a lot of fun playing around with air fryer recipes and this one is high on my list. You just can’t beat something that makes doing a holiday dinner easier—and it comes out so delicious!
My husband is insisting on making 2 turkeys this year because he wants to try smoking one. I’m making ALL the other sides, so this air fryer turkey recipe will make preparing the second turkey so much easier!!
Haha, your husband sounds just like mine. We actually celebrate both Canadian and American Thanksgiving in this house since I’m from Canada, so we have the chance to switch it up. But yes! Doing the turkey in the air fryer alleviates so much stress and makes so much room for all of the other fixings :)
This turned out so juicy and tender!
I’m so glad, Alisa!
Gave this a test run tonight and wow, so good! I didn’t brine it, I’ll try that on Thanksgiving, but I’m very excited to have found this recipe. It’s so easy! Thank you!
Thrilled to hear you enjoyed this, Jay! Keep me posted on that brine and feel free to contact me directly with any questions.