I feel like I’m getting the hang of this whole sangria thing! I also feel like ‘Sangria Sunday’ should become a thing because they are just so delicious and delightful.
For a while, I was under the impression that the ‘sangria’ game was a game that I shouldn’t play. The first sangria I ever made was like carbonated cough syrup. But because I don’t like to give up in the kitchen, and because I don’t like to give up on booze, I gave myself the challenge of making an impromptu sangria on Sunday. I had a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc kickin’ around and it was a gorgeous day out; making a dangerously delicious boozy drink seemed like the right thing to do!
When I opened the freezer, two things popped out at me: frozen blueberries, and a container of frozen lemonade. Bingo! Blueberry Lemonade Sangria.
I added brandy because, from what I’ve learned, sangrias need that extra kick. You could probably make it with wine alone, but in my family, we like…that extra kick. So I added some Brandy to the mix, and some club soda for that refreshing carbonated feel.
I can tell you this: this particular adult thirst quencher will likely result in an afternoon nap or early bed time. No shame in that, though! It’s refreshing, delicious, and it will change your world! (By, like, turning it upside down).
Blueberry Lemonade Sangria
- 1.5 litres of white wine I used Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 cup of brandy
- 12 fl oz of frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 litres of club soda
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 lemons sliced (one lemon for the batch of sangria, and one to dress up the glasses)
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish optional
- In a large jug, add the blueberries and 1 lemon, sliced.
- Add the frozen lemonade and crush it into a slush.
- Carefully add the magnum of wine and the brandy.
- Stir well, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. (This can be refrigerated overnight as well)
- Before serving, add the chilled club soda and stir well to ensure the booze and club soda mix.
- Garnish glasses with lemon slices, extra blueberries, and fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Serve chilled and enjoy!