Tasty Chili Lime Popcorn With Coconut Oil
This crave-worthy Chili & Lime Popcorn in Coconut Oil is a fun and different spin that leaves butter out of the equation.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Chili & Lime Popcorn
The flavors of chili and lime put a completely different spin on popcorn as we know it. It’s refreshing, tangy, a little punchy, and incredibly addicting.
We’ve also replaced the usual butter for coconut oil, which offers a faint but welcomed tropical flavor pairing beautifully with the lime.
- Plain popcorn kernels
- Organic, unrefined, cold-pressed coconut oil
- Chili powder
- Sea salt
How to Make Chili & Lime Popcorn
- Pop the popcorn in a large pot as per the directions on the packaging, but replace the recommended butter or oil with coconut oil.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remainder of the coconut oil (2 TBSP) over medium-low heat.
- Add the chili powder to the coconut oil, followed by lime juice, and whisk until well mixed. Bring it to a low simmer, then remove the saucepan from the heat and set it aside.
- When the popcorn is ready, drizzle the coconut oil from the saucepan over the popcorn; cover the pot and give it a good toss to evenly coat the popcorn.
- Serve in a bowl; hit the popcorn with an extra spritz of lime juice and some lime zest.
Useful Kitchen Tools
Have You Made This Recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider leaving a STAR rating & commenting below with feedback!
You can also show off your creations on Instagram by tagging @killing__thyme
More Healthy Snacks to Munch On
- Texas Caviar
- Simple Refrigerator Pickles
- Lemon & Dill Pinwheel Sandwiches w/ Sardines
- Easy Homemade Baba Ganoush
Chili and Lime Popcorn (Popped in Coconut Oil)
- 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels
- 4 TBSP of coconut oil, divided
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- kosher salt to taste
- Pop the popcorn as per the directions on the packaging. Use 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- In a small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil on medium-low.
- Add the chili powder, and stir well to combine.
- Add the juice of one lime leaving just a bit of juice in the lime to spritz the popcorn when served.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to a low simmer, remove from heat, and stir.
- When the popcorn is ready, drizzle the coconut oil over the popcorn.
- Cover and toss to coat.
- Finish the popcorn off with a spritz of lime juice and sprinkle with lime zest.