31 Cozy Soup Recipes to Welcome Soup Season
Expand your soup recipe collection! Here are 31 cozy soup recipes to curl up with this fall and winter.
Table of Contents
You can’t have too many soup recipes.
Soup season is one of the most coveted times of the year. With that, the search for brothy bowls of delicious and nutritious goodness is strong. Home cooks often resort to the classics—chicken soup, tomato soup, Italian Wedding Soup, etc. Or they have the same tried and true recipes on repeat for the season. But it’s time to shake things up! Silky squash soups, creamy potato soups, and restaurant-worthy Ramen bowls are easy to make at home, and you’ll be so thankful that you did. Here are 31 cozy soup recipes to help you welcome soup weather this season.
4 Veggie-Filled Soups For The Soul:
- Healing Quinoa Vegetable Soup. This comforting bowl of goodness is chock full of anti-inflammatories like quinoa and turmeric.
- Southwestern Kale and White Bean Soup. In addition to the protein-rich cannellini beans, you’re getting a healthy dose of fiber, beta carotene, and vitamins, all spun with warming spices like cumin and chili powder.
- Tuscan Kale and Chickpea Soup. A hearty soup brimming with chickpeas, kale, herbs, and potatoes. If you want rich flavors, this is it.
- Minestrone Soup. This classic is brimming with veggies! The prep is totally worth it though. Nothing beats homemade.
7 Hearty Soups That Eat Like a Meal:
- Super Cozy Chicken Tortilla Soup. This recipe is full of warming spices, tender shredded chicken, fire-roasted tomatoes, and hearty black beans, making it nourishing and absolutely packed with flavor!
- Spring Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup with Dill. It doesn’t have to be spring to enjoy this bowl of goodness. Just kick back and enjoy the bright flavors on a gloomy day.
- Leftover Turkey and Wild Rice Soup. The perfect way to use up your holiday leftovers! This soup is healthful, delicious, and substantial.
- Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe. Super filling, this soup is loaded with Italian sausage, lasagna noodles, and a delicious tomato broth. Cheesy toppings make this it amazing!
- Easy Cheeseburger Soup. Snub the bun—or just have it on the side! Everything you want in a cheeseburger comes in a bowl with this one.
- Cheesy Sausage Potato Soup. This soup will surely stick to your ribs with all of its salty, meaty, and cheesy goodness.
- Kale Soup with Sausage. With wholesome veggies, hearty sausage, and bold Italian flavors, this soup has it all.
7 Fast and Easy Instant Pot Soups:
- Instant Pot Chicken Stock: Need a go-to base for your homemade soups? This pressure cooked chicken stock is simple, nourishing, and awesome to have on hand.
- Instant Pot 15 Bean Soup. Yep, it’s as healthy as it sounds! And you don’t even have to soak the beans.
- Instant Pot Thai Red Curry Sweet Potato Soup. This one is brimming with wholesome ingredients like red lentils and sweet potatoes. It’s also vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free, so anyone can enjoy it.
- Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup. With a coconut base, this zippy soup is creamy but packed with nutrients thanks to all those veggies.
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana. This Italian classic is loaded with spicy sausage, bacon, hearty potatoes, and kale.
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup. A childhood fave just got easier and more delicious.
- Instant Pot Vegan Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup. Mushroom soup fans, rejoice! This filling bowl brings fresh and rehydrated porcini mushrooms to your spoon along with rice, making it a most comforting meal.
8 Creamy Soups to Curl Up and Indulge With:
- Smoky and Spicy Sweet Potato Soup. Warmly spiced sweet potatoes, apples, and onions are roasted and given a kick with chipotle in this one.
- Easy One-Pot Cauliflower Soup. Roasting all of the ingredients brings a deep, warm, and rich flavor to the soup which is perfect for fall. Add an herbaceous and nutty twist by topping it with pesto and heart-healthy walnuts.
- Classic Tomato Soup + Pesto Grilled Cheese Croutons. Grilled cheese and tomato soup is hands-down the best and most nostalgic lunch combo out there. This recipe celebrates that.
- Best Clam Chowder. This recipe swaps the wine out and uses beer instead. And it’s incredible.
- Jerusalem Artichoke Soup with Hazelnut Butter. This silky soup pairs the salty and subtle Jerusalem artichoke with a delicate brown hazelnut butter, and though it sounds fancy, it’s approachable; a must try.
- Vegan Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut and Chilli. Creamy, but dairy free! This butternut squash soup offers up the perfect balance of spicy and sweet.
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup. This recipe riffs off of the Olive Garden favorite and it’s oh-so-easy to make at home, whether on the stovetop or in your crockpot.
- Harissa Spiced Lobster Bisque. For those times you want to treat yourself, this rich and velvety lobster bisque is it.
5 Ramen Soups to Slurp Up:
- Easy Homemade Ramen Bowls. A super easy Ramen bowl recipe that lets you make restaurant-inspired soup in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- Cozy Chicken Curry Ramen Soup. This Cozy Chicken Curry Ramen Soup is a big helping of feelgood with yellow curry, coconut milk, veggies, and slurp-worthy noodles.
- Spicy Shoyu Ramen. A flavorful Dashi broth base is amped up with soy sauce and chili bean paste making this bowl perfect for a frigid day.
- Easy Five Spice Chicken Ramen Bowl. This Easy Five Spice Chicken and Ramen Bowl is cozy, aromatic, and filled with wholesome feel-good ingredients like carrots and bok choy.
- Miso Ramen. Shoyu and miso ramen might look similar at a quick glance, but the color and flavor are very different. Miso is a fermented bean paste and creates an opaque and cloudy broth with a smooth finish that makes this soup a real treat.
Hope you enjoy!
If you plan on making any of these recipes, be sure to snap a pic and tag us on Insta! @killing__thyme.