Honey Lime Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
These Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes shake things up with sweet and tangy honey lime dressing. They make for a great side, especially Taco Tuesday!
The Sweetest Vegetable Side Dish You’ll Ever Dig Into.
Sweet potatoes already have a pretty great reputation as a side dish. They’re naturally sweet and go wonderfully with more sweet things—notably maple syrup and brown sugar.
In order to shake things up and create a side dish for our weekly Taco Tuesday tradition, I seasoned my sweet potatoes with a smoky seasoning blend and tossed them in a sweet and tangy honey lime concoction.
It was SUCH a hit, and I think you’ll love it to. Best of all, they’re done in the air fryer so they’re cooked and ready in half the time.
How Long to Cook Sweet Potatoes in the Air Fryer?
These sweet potatoes, cubed into 1/2-inch bites, take about 12 minutes to air fry at 400º F.
The 8 Ingredients You’ll Need
- Sweet potatoes
- Avocado oil
- Chili powder
- Smoked paprika
- Sea salt
How to Cook Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the air fryer for 400º F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them up into 1/2-inch bites. Pop them into a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the avocado oil over the sweet potatoes and give them a good toss. Sprinkle the seasoning over the potatoes and toss to evenly coat.
- Once the air fryer is heated, spritz the basket with a bit of cooking spray and transfer the sweet potatoes to the air fryer basket. Make sure the potatoes are sitting in an even layer. Cook for 12 minutes, stopping at 6 minutes to give the basket a good shake.
- In the meantime, whisk the honey, lime juice, and lime zest in a small bowl.
- When the potatoes are done cooking, transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the honey lime dressing over the potatoes and toss them to coat them evenly.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or cilantro.
Helpful Tools for This Recipe:
- Air fryer
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Vegetable peeler
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Juice reamer
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- When it comes to flavor, this recipe offers all the goods: smoky, savory, sweet, and spicy.
- You can control the spice level! Cut back on the cayenne or omit it completely if you don’t like spice. Want it to be super punchy? Add more cayenne.
- It’s quick, clocking in at just 12 minutes. Roasting sweet potatoes on a pan in the oven can take up to 30 minutes.
- Your oven is free to cook other things, like your main!
- It’s easy and calls for minimal ingredients.
Have You Made This Recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider leaving a STAR rating & commenting below with feedback!
You can also show off your creations on Instagram by tagging @killing__thyme
Great Mains to Pair With This Recipe:
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Grilled Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Healthy Breakfast Tacos
- Chili-Seasoned Mahi Mahi with Lime Butter
Honey Lime Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- 1.5 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 TBSP avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne, more or less depending on your heat preference
- 2 TBSP freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 TBSP honey
- Zest of 1 lime
- Chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- Start by preheating the air fryer for 400º F.
- Peel the skin off of the sweet potatoes. Cut them into 1/2-inch cubes, then transfer them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the avocado oil over the sweet potatoes and toss to coat. Then sprinkle the seasoning over the sweet potatoes and toss them again, evenly coating them in the spices.
- When the air fryer is ready at 400º F, give the basket a quick spritz of cooking spray and transfer the potatoes to the air fryer basket, ensuring the potatoes are sitting in an even layer.
- Cook for 12 minutes; stop at the 6 minute mark to give the basket a good shake.
- While the potatoes cook, whisk the honey, lime juice, and lime zest in a small bowl.
- When the potatoes are done, transfer them to a large mixing bowl and drizzle them with the honey lime dressing; toss them to coat them evenly.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or cilantro and serve.