Avocado toast has been reinvented with this hearty and healthy tuna avocado toast—and it’s a keeper! Perfect for lunch or a snack.
This post is sponsored by Chicken of the Sea® | Thank you for supporting the brands I trust.
We’ve been putting smoked salmon on our avocado toast for ages; it was time to switch things up! This reimagined version has everything going for it: a smear of avocado, crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, and hearty flaked tuna. All finished off with a refreshing spritz of lime juice. Whether you’re looking for a replenishing lunch or fuel for a workout, this protein-packed toast delivers.
How to make Tuna Avocado Toast.
First things first, get yourself some nice crusty bread. The rest kind of writes itself. That’s the beauty of avocado toast—you can go in so many different directions with it. But we’ve kept things beautifully simple with this one. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fresh crusty sandwich bread
- Chicken of the Sea® Wild Catch™ Albacore Tuna
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Cracked black pepper
That’s seriously it. Clean, uncomplicated, and delicious—which is the way to be when serving up Chicken of the Sea® Wild Catch™ products.
This albacore tuna is good for you… and the environment!
Chicken of the Sea®‘s most recent product line, Wild Catch™ , brings packaged fish to a whole new level. Their quality fillets are wild caught and packed in a clean mix of water and sea salt. The product line also includes Ahi Yellowfin Tuna and Alaskan Salmon. They’re all free of preservatives and sustainably sourced! Fish you can actually feel good about. Want proof? The brand is extremely transparent and offers a sustainability report.
The Premium Albacore Tuna in this line offers up a hearty 28 grams of protein per container! It also offers up clean and delicious flavor, making it easy to take chicken’s place in just about any dish. So stock up; throw it over your salads, cram into your sandwiches, toss it into your pastas, and of course, pop it onto your avocado toast.
Hope you enjoy!
If you plan on making this recipe, be sure to snap a pic and tag us on Insta! @killing__thyme.
Hearty and Healthy Tuna Avocado Toast
- 1 4.5 oz pack of Chicken of the Sea® Wild Catch™ Albacore Tuna, drained
- 2 slices of crusty fresh bread, lightly toasted
- 1 avocado
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1/2 cucumber, ribboned or thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 lime wedges
- Smash the avocado with a fork until the ingredients are incorporated and desired texture is achieved.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel layers of the cucumber lengthwise until you reach the seeds. Or, slice the cucumber into thin slices—preferably with a mandolin.
- Spread the smashed avocado over each slice of lightly toasted bread evenly, then top with the cucumbers. Divide the Albacore Tuna between both slices of toast, placing it over the cucumbers. Finally top the tuna with sliced tomatoes, a few cracks of black pepper, and a spritz of lime juice.