Soy and Sesame Beef Stir Fry with Noodles
This crave-worthy soy and sesame beef stir fry is tasty, easy, and weeknight friendly! Toss it with Ramen noodles or serve it over rice.
Exciting Weeknight Dinner? I Got You.
It’s amazing how much more I appreciate quick weeknight dinners now that I’m a (tired) mom.
I used to love curating elegant meals on a random Wednesday night—and now I can’t even fathom it. (Seriously, what was wrong with me.)
But quick and easy doesn’t have to mean takeout, and it definitely doesn’t have to mean unexciting.
This easy soy and sesame beef stir fry tossed with Ramen noodles is the perfect weeknight fix, and it’s ANYTHING but boring.
Ramen: My Favorite Do-It-All Noodle.
Soba noodles are great too! But they’ve got quite a strong wheat-y flavor, whereas Ramen noodles are very neutral.
For this dish, I recommend Ramen noodles. Or a nice fluffy bed of jasmine rice if that’s more your jam.
The Grocery List:
- Sirloin steak strips
- Instant Ramen noodles
- Green bell pepper
- Garlic cloves
- Sesame seeds
- Olive or avocado oil
- Dry white wine
- Soy sauce
- Slivered almonds
How to Make Beef Stir Fry.
- Heat a dry skillet or wok over high heat. Once hot, bring the heat down a tad and add the sesame seeds, toasting them for about 2 minutes.
- Pop the sesame seeds into a small dish and set it aside.
- Repeat the first two steps with the slivered almonds.
- In the same skillet, heat the oil until it starts to shimmer. Add in the beef strips and cook for about a minute each side—just enough to brown the exterior.
- Add the bell pepper and garlic, and cook for about two minutes.
- Finally, add the wine, soy sauce, and scallions to the skillet.
- Let the liquid come to a simmer and let it go for about a minute to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Ramen noodles, toasted sesame seeds, and the toasted almonds.
- Toss to coat and enjoy!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- It lets you recreate the flavors of Chinese takeout in your own kitchen
- It’s a healthier option than takeout
- Prep is minimal, and the recipe itself is quick and simple
- Easy-to-find ingredients
- Leftovers taste just as good
Useful Tools You’ll Need:
- Skillet or Wok
- Sharp knife
- Cutting Board
- Medium-sized saucepan, to cook the noodles separately
Have You Made This Recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider leaving a STAR rating & commenting below with feedback!
You can also show off your creations on Instagram by tagging @killing__thyme
More Stir Fry Recipes to Try:
- Healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Easy Healthy Cashew Chicken
- Sesame Shrimp Stir Fry
- Spicy Udon Noodle Stir Fry
Get the Recipe:
Soy and Sesame Beef Stir Fry with Noodles
- 2 TBSP sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 TBSP olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 lb sirloin steak strips, Sometimes labeled as beef stir fry strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced into strips
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and thinly sliced
- 2 TBSP dry white wine
- 4 TBSP low sodium soy sauce
- 6 scallions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 packages of Instant Ramen noodles, cooked, Discard the flavored powder packet.
- Heat a dry skillet or wok over high heat. Once hot, bring the heat down a bit (to medium high) and add the sesame seeds. Let them toast, shaking the pan every so often to prevent burning, for about two minutes or until the sesame seeds starts to brown and become aromatic.
- Transfer the sesame seeds to a small dish and set aside. Repeat this exact step with the slivered almonds. (Almonds will take a little bit longer to toast, which is why we're not toasting them together.)
- Using the same skillet or wok, heat the oil until it shimmers. Add the beef strips and cook them for about a minute each side, just to brown the exterior.
- Add the slices of bell pepper to the skillet, as well as the garlic. Continue to cook for about two minutes.
- Add the wine, soy sauce, and scallions to the skillet and, stirring occasionally, let the liquid come to a simmer. Let it simmer for about a minute to thicken, but keep a close eye on it so that it doesn't burn.
- Finally, stir in the Ramen noodles, toasted sesame seeds, and the toasted almonds; toss to coat. Enjoy!