These hot honey roasted carrots bring some sweet and heat to the side of your plate and might just become your new favorite veg side.
This recipe is a bit of a breakthrough, because carrots have always been one of my least favorite veg sides. (I’m much more of a broccoli gal.) But! These carrots are. like. CANDY. First, they’re roasted in olive oil, salt, and cracked pepper. Then they’re tossed in a smidgen of honey and as many dashes of chili flakes as your heat-loving heart can handle. It’s a great day when your veg side is just as exciting as your main ;)
Our annual Friendsgiving potluck is in a few weeks, and its around now that I start planning the menu. Our group of friends is made up of transplants from all over the country. Like Nick and I, some don’t have family nearby. So Friendsgiving is kind of special. It lets us feast with our closest friends; our chosen family. And it reminds us that we’re surrounded by amazing people, even if we are miles and miles away from our fam. It’s my favorite gathering <3
I usually have no issue with taking on a mountain of tasks and committing to a ton of dishes, but this year I’ve also got a five month old on board, so I had to be reasonable. Lol. These roasted carrots came to mind almost immediately. They require little prep, they’re simple, and they’re FULL of flavor.
I hope you make them and love them as much as I do! Have an amazing weekend and stay warm :P
Hot Honey Roasted Carrots
- 8 medium to large carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- generous sprinkle of kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1.5 TBSP raw organic liquid honey
- 3 tsp chili flakes more or less to taste
- Position oven rack to top and preheat the oven to 425º F.
- Wash and peel the carrots, then cut them into 1/2-inch thick diagonals. Place them into a large bowl, and drizzle them with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then toss to coat.
- Transfer the carrots to a baking sheet and spread them out evenly. Roast on top rack for 25-30 minutes or until the carrots are golden and tender, shaking and stirring them halfway through.
- When done, transfer the carrots to a large bowl. Drizzle the honey on top and sprinkle with chili flakes. Toss to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning or heat as desired.