Mediterranean Mackerel Protein Wrap
This Mediterranean Mackerel Protein Wrap is filled with tender fillets of mackerel, crisp veggies, and a cooling smear of homespun mint yogurt sauce.
- 1 4.05 oz can of King Oscar's Mackerel Mediterranean-Style Royal Fillets
- 1 large whole grain wrap
- 1-2 TBSP Mint Yogurt Sauce (Recipe below) You can also use hummus or tzatziki!
- 1 handful of your fave greens I like to use baby spinach or swiss chard out of my garden!
- 1/4 cup julienned cucumber
- 3 TBSP diced tomatoes
- 1 TBSP chopped marinated artichokes
- 1 TBSP chopped kalamata olives (optional) King Oscar's Mediterranean-Style Mackerel has olives in the can with it, but sometimes I like to add extra.
- 1 tsp drained capers
- 2-3 rings of red onion
Mint Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 medium cloves or garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
Lay the wrap out flat and slather the mint yogurt sauce not in the middle, but closer to one side, leaving a 1-inch border between the spread and the edge of the wrap.
Lay down your greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, artichokes, chopped olives, and capers. Then, carefully transfer that tender mackerel over to the wrap and lay it over the other good stuff. (I fit as much of the mackerel as seems reasonable and just eat the rest out of the can. Seriously. SO GOOD.) Finally, top the mackerel with the red onion.
Fold in the two sides of the tortilla, and roll up like a burrito. This may seem slightly awkward the first time, but once you do this a few times, you'll become a wrap-rollin' pro.
Mint Yogurt Sauce
Put yogurt, mint, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, and cayenne in a small bowl and whisk together until well blended. Hit it with some salt and pepper to taste. Let the mixture sit at room temp, covered, for 30 minutes. Serve, or transfer to an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to a week.