Get the Recipe:
Ochazuke is a comforting Japanese dish that includes rice, a hot broth of green tea and various savory toppings.
- 1 3 oz fillet of sustainable salmon, salted
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1-2 TBSP broken/roughly chopped Japanese rice crackers
- 1 tsp shredded or thinly sliced nori, dried/roasted seaweed
- 1 tsp furikake, Japanese rice seasoning
- 2 TBSP strands of mitsuba, trefoil, chopped; or 1 thinly sliced scallion
- Wasabi, optional, for taste
- 1 cup of Arbor Teas Genmaicha, Sencha or Hojicha green tea, prepared as per instructions on package
- 1 TBSP Kikkoman soy sauce, optional
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In the meantime, prepare/cook the rice.
Salt the salmon fillet and bake for 15 minutes.
Prepare the tea and set aside.
Once the salmon is done, flake it with a fork to break it down into bite-sized pieces.
Place the rice in a large bowl and top with the salmon, pour tea over the salmon and rice, and your selection of savory ingredients.
Add soy sauce to broth if desired.