IPA Carne Asada Tacos
Delicious carne asada tacos drunk on IPA!
- 1 17 oz flank steak
- 16 oz Indian Pale Ale
- 2 cups of red cabbage shredded
- 2 avocados cubed
- 6 soft-shell corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- OPTIONAL GARNISHES:
- Chimichurri see notes for my lime and chipotle chimichurri recipe
- Lime Sour Cream see notes
- DRY RUB:
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Mix the dry rub ingredients together until well blended and massage the dry rub into the flank steak (both sides).
Place the steak in a container, and pour the IPA over the steak.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Grill the flank steak to your preference of doneness.
Slice the steak thin, against the grain, and serve on soft-shell corn tortillas with your preference of toppings.
Lime and Chipotle Chimichurri: find it at https://www.killingthyme.net/2015/02/22/lime-chipotle-chimichurri/
Lime Sour Cream: Simply mix 1 tablespoon of lime juice and 1 teaspoon of lime zest to every 1/2 cup of cour cream.