California Roll Noodle Bowl
This noodle bowl tosses vermicelli with all of the refreshing elements of a California Roll, making it a perfect lunch or light dinner option.
- 5 oz spiralized cucumber
- 2 oz cooked vermicelli noodles
- 2 oz imitation crab, roughly chopped
- 1/2 large avocado, sliced or cut into chunks
- 1/4-1/2 sheet of nori, cut into strips and halved
- 1 TBSP toasted sesame seeds toasting creates a nuttier flavor, but if you don't have time to toast them, you can skip the toasting.
- 2 TBSP low-sodium soy sauce I always use Kikkoman.
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- a dab of wasabi paste (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients from the soy sauce to sesame oil together until well blended. Add a wee bit of wasabi, mix, and taste. Adjust to your liking, but remember that it's always best to add less and add more if needed.Set aside.
Toasted Sesame Seeds
Heat a small pan over medium-low heat. Add the sesame seeds to the pan and, stirring frequently, toast until lightly golden if they're white. If you're using black sesame seeds, go by smell. Once the seeds are aromatic, remove from heat. This should only take about 3-4 minutes, so keep a close eye on them.
Spiralize your cucumber and put it in a medium-sized bowl.
Cook your noodles as per the package instructions. Vermicelli noodles usually only take about 2 minutes to cook, so keep a close eye on them. When done, drain them and rinse them under cold water to cool them down. Shake off any excess water, and add to the bowl with the cucumber.
Drizzle the dressing into the bowl and toss the noodles and cucumbers to coat. Taste, and if you feel you need more, simply splash a bit of extra soy sauce in there.
Add the crab, avocado, nori, and toasted sesame seeds to the bowl. Gently toss to mix.