Roasted Romanesco Spring Salad With Molasses Vinaigrette
Roasted romanesco is a lovely thing. Add it to a salad, and it's even lovelier. This salad eats like a meal, filling you up and making you feel GOOD.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 3 cups baby spinach or spring mix
- 4 oz romanesco florets
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, for taste you can spice the romanesco further, if you'd like. I added some za'atar to the mix!
- 1/4 cup edamame
- 1/4 cup microgreens
- 1 TBSP sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup kiwi berries halved
- 1 TBSP pomegranate seeds
- 1 TBSP crumbled feta or goat cheese optional
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or chopped
- soft-boiled egg, sliced optional
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground coriander optional
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
Place all ingredients in a blender.
Blend until thoroughly mixed; ideally you don't want it pureed since having some texture from the minced shallots is good, but it's up to you.
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place florets in a large bowl and drizzle with 1/2 tsp of olive oil. Season with s + p, and a pinch of whatever other seasoning you'd like. Cover, and toss to coat.
Spread the florets out on a baking sheet and bake for approx. 10 minutes, or until florets are tender and slightly golden. Remove and set aside.
Place greens in a large bowl.
Drizzle greens with a few TBSP of dressing and toss to coat.
Place dressed greens into a bowl and garnish with toppings.
Drizzle some extra vinaigrette over the salad if desired.
- Molasses Vinaigrette recipe adapted from Food.com.