Beet Green Pesto With Toasted Walnuts
Stop tossing your beet greens into the trash; put them to use with this nutty, garlicky beet green pesto instead!
- 5 cups beet greens stems removed
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 3 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan or romano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of herbs (basil, parsley, cilantro) optional
Add all of the ingredients, minus the olive oil, to a high power blender. Begin to blend on low (to avoid a puree), and slowly add the olive oil until the mixture is well blended.Transfer to an air tight container and keep in the fridge for up to three weeks.Serve over pasta, with pita chips, smeared over toast or slathered on a fillet of fish.