Pumpkin Chili With Pumpkin Beer
Made with pumpkin beer, this spicy vegetarian pumpkin chili is the perfect way dig into fall.
CHILI15 oz cooked kidney beans
- 15 oz cooked black beans
- 15 oz cooked chickpeas
- 4 cups of cooked lentils
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 16 oz peeled and cubed pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 15 oz canned pumpkin puree make sure it's not pumpkin pie filling!
- 28 oz can diced tomato don't drain
- 14.5 t can diced tomato don' drain
- 1 cup pumpkin beer of your choice
CHILI SEASONING2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1.5 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Add all of the chili ingredients into a large slow cooker. Stir to mix all of the ingredients.
In a separate bowl, mix all of the spices to create the seasoning blend.
Add the seasoning to the chili while stirring well. Keep stirring to ensure that the seasoning is evenly distributed throughout the chili.
Cook on high, in the slow cooker, for at least four hours and up to eight hours.
OPTIONALServe with fresh bread, toast, taco chips, etc.
Garnish with plain Greek yogurt, sour cream, scallions, fresh parsley, etc.