Smokey Slow Cooker Pulled Jackfruit Chili
Pulled jackfruit brings the essence of tender pulled chicken to this smokey belly-warming vegetarian chili.
- 18 oz black beans drained and rinsed if from can,
- 18 oz kidney beans drained and rinsed if from can,
- 18 oz cannellini beans drained and rinsed if from can,
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 5 oz mushrooms diced
- 2 20 oz cans of young green jackfruit in water (not syrup or brine) drained and rinsed
- 2 28 oz can of Ro*tel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis drained
- Homemade smokey chilil seasoning recipe below
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Thinly sliced scallions
- Grated cheddar cheese
Homemade Smokey Chili Seasoning:
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1.5 TBSP garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsps crushed red pepper flakes less if you'd prefer no heat
- 1.5 tsps dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
Mix all of the contents for the homemade smokey chili seasoning together until perfectly blended. Set aside.
Place all of the chili ingredients into the slow cooker.
Dump the chili seasoning into the slow cooker and mix well to blend.
Keep the slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Serve and garnish with optional garnishes.