Lemon Mackerel Caesar Wraps
Lemon-y North Atlantic mackerel is wrapped up with Caesar dressing, shaved parmesan, lemon zest, crisp lettuce, and cracked black pepper.
- 1 wrap of your choice
- 1-2 TBSP Caesar dressing of your choice See notes for my homemade recipe
- 1 cup roughly chopped romaine or bibb lettuce
- 1 can of King Oscar's Mackerel in Olive Oil and Lemon, drained
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 TBSP freshly grated or shaved parmesan or pecorino romano
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice (from one lemon wedge)
Place your wrap down on a flat surface. Spoon the dressing not in the middle, but closer to one side, leaving a 1-inch border between the spread and the edge of the wrap. Place the chopped lettuce over the dressing.
Drain the can of mackerel and gently flake the mackerel with a fork. Spoon the mackerel over the lettuce, and top with lemon zest, cheese, cracked pepper, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Fold in the two sides of the tortilla, and roll up like a burrito. (Sometimes your wrap packaging will have visual instructions). Slice in half, and enjoy!
My homemade vegetarian Caesar dressing can be found here.