Healthy Green Smoothie Bowl With Broccoli Rabe
This bright and healthy green smoothie bowl is jam-packed with broccoli rabe and tropical fruits like banana, mango, kiwi, and unsweetened shredded coconut.
- 2 cups roughly chopped broccoli rabe you can use the leaves and florets.
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp chia and/or flax seeds (or 1/2 tsp of each)
- 2 pitted Medjool dates, chopped
- 2 TBSP unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 handful of ice (optional)
Place all ingredients, from the banana to the coconut water, into a high power blender. Blend the ingredients on high powder until the mixture is smooth. If you'd like a more chilled smoothie, add a handful of ice and blend it until smooth.
Pour the smoothie into a bowl, and top with your choice of sliced fruits. See the recipe notes for suggestions and a list of what I used.
*Smoothie bowl toppings.
You can add a few slices of extra fruit fro your smoothie, or any fruit you have kicking around your kitchen. Fruit can be sliced, diced, scooped using a melon scoop, or sliced and shaped using little cutouts as seen with my bowl.
For my bowl, I used a few strawberry slices, mango slices, some dragonfruit, about 1 tsp of pepitas, and a sprinkle of chia seeds.
Feel free to to yours however you'd like. Get creative!