Dill Pickle Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
This Dill Pickle Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is a dill pickle lovers DREAM. It’s creamy, flavorful, and so much better than store bought.
Because Dill Pickle Belongs in Everything!
I’ve been obsessed with dill pickle-flavored anything and everything since I was a kid. So obviously I’m going to tell you that regular ol’ Ranch dressing needs to take a backseat and make room for this dilly goodness right here.
This recipe will make any dill pickle lover swoon. And best of all, this is so much better—health-wise and flavor-wise—than bottled Ranch or the dried packets.
The ingredients here will yield about a cup of dry mix, so you can store it in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container and make a fresh batch of Dill Pickle Ranch Dressing, or even a dip with a few alterations, whenever you want!
Dry buttermilk powder is shelf stable until opened. Once opened, it needs to be refrigerated.
The Ingredients You’ll Need
- Dry buttermilk
- Dried parsley
- Dried dill weed
- Freeze-dried chives
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Greek yogurt
- Pickle juice, from a jar of pickles
- Buttermilk or regular milk
How to Make Buttermilk Ranch Dressing With Dill Pickle Flare
- First, make the dry mix. Combine everything from the dry buttermilk through to the black pepper and whisk it with a fork until combined.
- Pop the mayo, Greek yogurt, and pickle juice into a blender—preferably a small bullet-style blender.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the dry buttermilk Ranch dressing mix to the blender, followed by the milk.
- Blend the mixture until smooth.
- The dressing will keep in the fridge for about a week, and the dry mix will keep in the fridge for up to 4 months. You can pop it in the freezer, where it’ll last indefinitely!
Useful Tools for This Recipe
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Blender, preferably a small bullet-style blender
- Airtight container
Recipe Tips + Tricks
- To make a thicker dressing for the purpose of dipping, mix 3 tablespoons of the dry dressing mix into 1 cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Dry buttermilk powder is shelf stable until it’s opened. Once it’s opened, it needs to be refrigerated.
- The dry dill pickle buttermilk ranch dressing mix can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 months, but I suggest popping it in the freezer if you have room; it will keep in the freezer indefinitely!
Have You Made This Recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider leaving a STAR rating & commenting below with feedback!
You can also show off your creations on Instagram by tagging @killing__thyme
Ways You Can Use Dill Pickle Buttermilk Ranch Dressing:
- You can drizzle some of this dressing over these awesome Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets!
- This would also make a great dipper for breaded mushrooms or Buffalo wings, if blue cheese isn’t your jam.
- Serve it alongside a lunch wrap—whether it be chicken or tuna!
Get the Recipe:
Dill Pickle Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Dill Pickle Buttermilk Ranch Powder Blend:
- 1 cup dry buttermilk powder
- 2 TBSP dried dill weed
- 2 TBSP freeze-dried chives
- 2 TBSP dried parsley
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP onion powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
Dill Pickle Buttermilk Ranch Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 TBSP Dill Pickle Buttermilk Ranch Powder Blend
- 2 TBSP pickle juice, from a jar of dill pickles
- 1/3 cup buttermilk or regular milk
To make the dry mix:
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients from the dry buttermilk through to the black pepper. Whisk it with a fork until combined.
To make the dressing:
- Transfer the mayo, Greek yogurt, and pickle juice to a blender—preferably a small bullet-style blender.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the dry buttermilk Ranch dressing mix to the blender, then add the milk.
- Blend the mixture on high until it's smooth.
- Prepared Dill Pickle Buttermilk Ranch Dressing will keep in the fridge for about a week; the dry mix will keep in the fridge for up to 4 months or in the freezer indefinitely.
14 Comments on “Dill Pickle Buttermilk Ranch Dressing”
This is my new favorite homemade dressing!
I never would’ve thought to use the flavor of pickles in ranch dressing! This turned out absolutely delicious, and it may become a new staple around here. Thanks so much for the recipe!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Nathan!
This is totally my dream!! LOVE!
This is such an addictive salad dressing, I like to make a double batch of the dry mix so I have it on hand when I want to make more dressing. It’s so good on a green salad with chicken!
Yes! It lasts forever in the freezer so hey, why not :)
I have been looking for a good ranch recipe for a while and THIS was the best I have found yet. So delicious! Thank you!
Dill pickles and ranch is a fantastic combo. I can’t wait to try this dressing. It sounds delicious.
Thanks! Hope you love it. Be sure to let me know.
I love homemade salad dressings but this one is my favorite. I don’t have to wait until my store carries this dill pickle dressing, I can make it myself. Yay!
I’m so glad to hear it, Kathleen! It’s my new favorite, too ;)