What to Make With Ground Turkey: Here are 24 Recipes!
If you’re looking for ideas on how to bring more ground turkey into your life, we’ve got you covered with these 24 recipes.
Using Ground Turkey Instead of Beef Has Never Been Easier—or Tastier.
We don’t got beef with beef, we just don’t miss it! Especially when you can make healthier versions of your favorite meaty recipes with just as much flavor. You can easily turn your favorite foods like burgers, tacos, and meatloaf into heart-healthy options by using ground turkey instead. Many believe picking this leaner protein over it’s fattier, juicier counterpart leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to flavor and texture. But, with the right ingredients and cooking time, you can avoid disappointment. Here are 24 recipes that prove it:
7 Recipes That Lighten Up Comfort Food Classics:
- The Best Turkey Burger. It’s not a lie—this burger has gained popularity, and for good reason. It’s tender, juicy, and flavorful just like your beloved beefy burger.
- Super Tender Ground Turkey Meatloaf. Don’t worry, we’ve kept that tangy ketchup-y glaze! But this healthier spin uses turkey instead of beef and friends, it’s as cozy as always.
- Homemade Lasagna with Ground Turkey Meat Sauce. This cheesy and meaty homemade lasagna is lightened up with a leaner meat sauce, but still offers that stick-to-your-ribs goodness!
- Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls with Ground Turkey.
- Ground Turkey Pasta Bake. If a pasta bake is more your jam, ground turkey shines in that too. This recipe lightens things up a little further with the addition of kale and the use of whole wheat pasta.
- Ground Turkey Stroganoff. This 30-minute dinner makes for a perfect weeknight solution. To make it even more heart-healthy, swap the sour cream out for plain Greek yogurt!
- Ground Turkey Shepherd’s Pie. A flavorful blend of ground turkey, carrots, and peas is topped with creamy mashed potatoes. The best part is that it’s all done in ONE skillet!
5 Instant Pot Ground Turkey Recipes:
- Addicting Instant Pot Ground Turkey Tacos. Ready in 10 minutes, these Tacos are a perfect Taco Tuesday option. They’re tender, juicy, flavorful, and quite frankly, addicting.
- Instant Pot Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes. A childhood favorite, these Sloppy Joe’s are perfectly saucy, appropriately messy, and full of flavor; a quick and simple weeknight option!
- Cozy Instant Pot Bolognese with Ground Turkey. Despite the fact that this classic pasta sauce is ready in under an hour, it offers up the flavors of a meat sauce that’s been simmering all day long. Ladle it over your pasta or layer it into your lasagna!
- Creamy Instant Pot Tomato Pasta With Ground Turkey and Spinach. Wanna kick up your weeknight pasta? Try this recipe. You get ground turkey, tangy tomatoes, and spinach stirred into a creamy tomato-y pasta. Delish!
- Easy Instant Pot Turkey Chili. Imagine an easy peasy chili recipe on any given weeknight. Well, here it is! Chock full of protein, beans, and veggies.
5 Air Fryer Ground Turkey Recipes:
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatloaf. Meatloaf in an air fryer? Absolutely. It will come out juicy and tender in under 30 minutes. What’s not to love?
- Simple Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs. This recipe is gluten free and super versatile, leaving you with endless options: pasta toppers, sandwich fillers, or appetizers!
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers. This turkey burger recipe is perfect for those who don’t have a grill, or for those times bad weather is trying to foil your grilling plans.
- Air Fryer Turkey Stuffed Peppers. Roast bell peppers in the air fryer for that perfect crunch, and then cook them again for that awesome melty cheesiness.
- Ground Turkey Air Fryer Taquitos. This beloved finger food gets cooked to a healthier crisp by being “fried” in the air fryer. They’re stuffed with perfectly seasoned ground turkey and stretchy cheese.
7 Tasty Ground Turkey Meatball Recipes:
- Garlic and Ginger Meatballs with Hot Honey Glaze. Bake these turkey meatballs and toss them in a lip-smacking hot honey glaze! Unreal. They’re packed with garlic and ginger for East Asian-inspired flavors.
- Baked Spicy Turkey Meatballs with Roasted Cauliflower. Sheet pan dinner alert! These turkey meatballs with roasted cauliflower switches things up with warming spices and fiery harissa paste. Serve them over fluffy couscous for a killer dinner.
- Baked Garlic Herb Turkey Meatballs. Think you have to skip out on delicious meatballs just because you’re following a Whole30, GF, low carb, or keto plan? Think again. This nourishing recipe covers all the bases so that anyone and everyone can (and will!) enjoy them.
- Turkey Meatballs in Maple Mustard Sauce. Simmer these garlick and herby meatballs in a sweet and tangy maple mustard sauce for an awesome way to change things up.
- Buffalo Turkey Meatballs. Take your favorite chicken wing recipe and turn it into a meatball! These turkey meatballs are a treat on their own, but also make a perfect addition to hoagies or bowl meals.
- Honey Sriracha Turkey Meatballs. Brushed these meatballs with a sweetened up version of everyone’s favorite hot sauce to make them the perfect appetizer and crowd pleaser.
- Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce. And finally, if you want a simple way to enjoy meatballs in a classic tomato sauce, this recipe from our beloved Melissa Clark of NYT is the ticket.
Did You Find This Round-up Useful?
If you enjoyed this collection of recipes, please let us know by leaving feedback in the comments section below.
You can also show off your creations on Instagram by tagging @killing__thyme