You won’t miss the pepperoni! This Veggie Deluxe Pizza is topped with stretchy mozzarella and a medley of crisp veggies that bring on a ton of flavor.
No pepperoni, no problem!
We’ll admit it—a pizza without crispy pepperoni sounds dull. A pizza that swaps crispy pepperoni for handfuls of veggies sounds even more dull. And yet, somehow, this meatless veggie deluxe pizza is a total hit. Topped with crisp bell pepper, tangy red onions, juicy tomatoes, mushrooms, and black olives, this pizza offers enough flavor to forgive us on passing on the pep.
A meatless Monday must.
If you’re a regular here at Killing Thyme, you know how we roll: Fridays are for homemade pizza. But our pizzas are so quick and easy, you could totally roll one out on a Monday night—especially with our homemade pizza dough recipe. This veggie deluxe pizza is perfect for those who like to participate in meatless Mondays.
Here’s all you need to make this delicious pie:
- Pizza dough, homemade or premade
- Tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Red onion
- Green bell pepper
- Black olives
- Grape tomatoes
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven according to the instructions for your pizza dough. If using our homemade pizza dough recipe, it’ll be 450º F.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the pizza, leaving about an inch of space around the edges for a crust.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella evenly over the sauce.
- Top the cheese with all of your veggies.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
Other pizzas you’ll definitely want to try:
Hope you enjoy!
If you plan on making this recipe, be sure to snap a pic and tag us on Insta! @killing__thyme.
Veggie Deluxe Pizza
- 1 ball of fresh pizza dough, homemade or premade You could also just use a premade shell if need be.
- 1 cup tomato sauce, more if needed
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 green bell pepper, gutted and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450º F, or according to your pizza dough directions.
- Lightly oil your pizza pan. Transfer the dough out onto it, and work the dough up to the edges of the pan until your pizza dough is fully formed. Spoon the tomato sauce over the center of the pizza and evenly spread it out, leaving about 1/2-1 inch of room for a crust to form. Evenly sprinkle the shredded cheese over the marinara, then top the cheese with the vegetables, spreading them out for even coverage.
- Bake the pizza for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden in color. Remove the pizza from the oven and let it sit for about 5 minutes before cutting into it.