Food/ Sweets + Ice Cream

Coconut Thai Iced Tea Ice Pops

This post is sponsored by Arbor Teas | Thank you for supporting the brands that I love + trust!

Ok so listen. I don’t do dessert-y type things often. But these Coconut Thai Iced Tea Ice Pops? They’re worth blogging about.

They’re also about to become incredibly necessary because today, as you may already know, is the first day of summer—even though most of us have been experiencing scorchers for weeks now. (I’m looking at everyone here with me in the hot and sticky South.)

In the dead of summer, it’s not even about having dessert anymore; it’s about having something to help you cool off and hey, it might as well be tasty.

But! Before you reach for those sugar-packed pops at the store, I want to put these naturally-sweetened treats on your radar. Think black tea infused with lemongrass, cool and creamy coconut milk, and honey…

Coconut Thai Iced Tea Ice Pops.

This isn’t your typical icy pop, but it certainly does the trick. Especially for tea lovers who want to indulge yet have to take a hard pass on steamy tea when it’s a seamy 97 degrees out.

These pops have a slightly creamy consistency that offer your tastebuds the essence of coconut, lemongrass, and a touch of sweetness. The great thing is that you can very easily adapt the flavors to your taste during the prep process, so if you need more sweet, add more honey, etc.

Organic to a Tea.

I always feel a little extra inspired when it comes to partnering up with Arbor Teas and moving their blends away from the tea cup. Whether it be by steeping a cocktail or giving snacking granola a tea-rrific toss, I always end up with a fab result.

And quality has everything to do with it.

First of all, Arbor Teas offers a damn fine selection of organic fair trade loose leaf teas—from the familiar Earl Grey to a unique and earthy Chocolate Pu Erh. Second, their mission will leave you feeling good. Arbor Teas is dedicated to keeping our planet blooming and healthy with Fair Trade Certified® teas along with sustainable and Carbonfree® business practices.

Organic Thai Iced Tea.

When it came to developing a summer-inspired recipe, my mind initially went to something boozy—like a spiked green tea or a stiff peach rooibos. (I guess that says a lot about who I am… ) But when I came across their Organic Thai Iced Tea, my mind miraculously veered away from booze and went straight to popsicles. And there was no turning back.

This bold black tea is tamed by the essence of cardamom, anise, and vanilla bean, which play amazingly with the added coconut milk, lemongrass, and honey in this recipe.

If you make this dish, snap a photo and tag me on the Insta @killing__thyme! I love seeing your creations, and you could be featured in my monthly newsletter <3

4.93 from 13 votes

Coconut Thai Iced Tea Ice Pops

Coconut Thai Iced Tea Ice Pops cool you off with a blend of bold black Thai iced tea, creamy coconut milk, refreshing lemongrass, and a little bit of honey.

• 20 oz brewed Arbor Teas Organic Thai Iced Tea, cooled I steeped 5 tsp of the loose leaf tea for a moderate strength brew
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 2 TBSP lemongrass paste You can use store-bought or grind your own from lemongrass stalks; the ratio is the same either way
  • 1/4 cup raw organic honey

Materials.

• 10-piece ice pop mold + popsicle sticks
  • Tea infuser

1. In a small saucepan, bring 20 oz of water to a light simmer over medium heat. In the meantime, fill the tea infuser with 5 tsp of the tea. (You can adapt this amount based on how strong you'd like the tea.)

2. Once the water is simmering, remove the saucepan from the heat and immerse the tea infuser full of tea into the water. Let the tea steep for 3-5 minutes, depending on your preference of strength. Please note that the other ingredients will mellow out the boldness of the tea once added and frozen.

3. Once the tea is steeped, remove the infuser and allow the brew to cool to room temperature. You can speed this process up a bit by filling the sink with icy water, to about 2 inches, and letting your pot sit in it.

4. Once cooled, whisk in the coconut milk, lemongrass, and honey. Mix until the mixture is well combined. Give it a taste and adjust it to your preference, if needed.

5. Carefully fill the ice pop molds as per the manufacturer's directions (some advise to leave a bit of space at the top of the molds to allow for expansion). When you've filled your molds, pop them into the freezer overnight.

6. Most molds will require you to give the exterior of the mold a quick rinse under cool water before trying to remove the pops; this step helps to release the pops from the molds with ease and without breaking them.

Linda
    July 9, 2018 at 9:42 am These are perfect for summer. and they look so so delicious! Cool kitchen gadgets
    Donna
    July 1, 2018 at 2:13 pm Now this is my kind of ice pop! My kids love the super fruity ones, so we have been making them with pineapple juice, strawberries and coconut water, but I prefer a more refined sweetness and I think this would definitely fit the bill. Plus there is tea, and I say yes to anything with tea :)
      July 9, 2018 at 5:31 pm These are definitely tea-rrific ;) BUT! I will say, your fruit pops sound like winners as well.
    Leslie-Anne
    June 25, 2018 at 10:56 am Okay, these are beautiful! Can popsicles be beautiful?! Such a positively adult spin on popsicles - can't wait to try these for my next cottage trip!
      July 9, 2018 at 5:32 pm Popsicles can totally be beautiful! Thanks, Leslie-Anne :) I hope you love them!
    Marisa Franca
    June 25, 2018 at 7:28 am What a great sounding popsicle. I do love my coffee but I've gotten into the habit of drinking tea in the morning. I love Pu Erh and I have a hard time finding it. A good quality Pu Erh without additional flavorings is a rare as hen's teeth. I'll have to go on line and look at the Arbor Teas!
      July 9, 2018 at 5:34 pm I'm willing to bet Arbor Teas would have a Pu Erh you'd enjoy! Their tea never lets me down, and their service is fantastic. And I'm not just saying that because I work with them. In fact, I continue to work with them because I love and believe in their product so much. Keep me posted if you try them out :)
    Amanda
    June 25, 2018 at 6:31 am It's been way too long since I've made homemade pops! I tend to shy away from the ones at the store because they're just so sugary and I end up feeling more sugar-high than refreshed after one. Haha. I absolutely love that you've turned Thai Iced Tea into ice pops! These look like the perfect way to cool off on a sweltering day. I'm off to find my popsicle molds in the pantry!
    Annemarie
    June 24, 2018 at 10:37 pm I love homemade iced tea in the summer and your idea for iced tea popsicles with coconut milk is such a great twist on the idea! And then the cardamom, vanilla, lemongrass combo - those sound so great together. Considering we are having sticky, 90+ weather here this week, I think I need these.
    Julia
    June 24, 2018 at 7:28 pm What an amazing and unusual way to use tea. I absolutely love it! The slight bitterness of the tea, the sweetness and creaminess of the coconut! Such an amazing flavour combination. Oh, and the colour of these pops is just beautiful! The photos are gorgeous, as always! PS. Now I want to find this tea brand here.
      July 9, 2018 at 5:36 pm Thanks, Julia! As much as I wanted to attempt the ombre appearance of an actual Thai iced tea, I didn't think it would hold in the freezer. So I blended everything and ended up with this calming and muted beige—which can still be appealing! You can order from Arbor Teas online if you'd like. Their shipping is quick :)
    Anne|Craving Something Healthy
    June 24, 2018 at 1:59 am I love this flavor combination. It's 110 today in Scottsdale, and I wish I had a freezer full of these :)
    Amanda
    June 23, 2018 at 10:24 am I never heard of this brand of tea before, but I love what they are all about so I need to hunt them down. Thai iced tea is one of my favorites so it must be amazing in popsicle form! I just bought new popsicle molds so this is definitely happening soon
      July 9, 2018 at 5:38 pm Hey Amanda! Definitely check them out. Their website is linked in the post and I think you'll love it. They're so eco-friendly and all about doing good for our planet. Something we should all take part in and hey, if it starts with a cup of tea… awesome.
    Tina
    June 23, 2018 at 9:53 am I love Thai iced tea, there is something decadent about it. The coconut milk is a nice touch, can't wait to try these. I need to dust off my popsicle mould and get cracking. Saving this for next week. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
    Julie
    June 21, 2018 at 9:51 pm I love the flavor combinations in this popsicle. I’ve used before but not milk so will have to try this
    Sharon
    June 21, 2018 at 8:11 pm I love this unique treat! The tea combined with coconut milk makes for the perfect pair.
    Cindy Gordon
    June 21, 2018 at 7:56 pm This sounds like a perfect treat for mom for the summer!! YUMMMO
    Tisha
    June 21, 2018 at 7:54 pm What an amazing idea for those scorching summer days!!!
    Gloria
    June 21, 2018 at 6:59 pm Homemade frozen treats are the best. The flavour combination is endless. These sound amazing....coconut, Thai tea and lemongrass. I am going to have to give these a try soon....perfect for the hot summer weather.
    Sandhya Hariharan
    June 21, 2018 at 6:49 pm Wowie.. I have fallen love with the combo in the iced tea ice pops... YUmm