Okay, so. I’m kind of in love with this salad.
Picture this: a perfectly cooked harissa-spiced salmon atop a lush bed of nourishing greens adorned with juicy grape tomatoes, shredded carrots and crunchy walnuts — all tossed with a light and sweet curry vinaigrette.
Yeah, that’s what I’m talkin’ about. I don’t mess around when it comes to salad. My summer go-to is my Crunchy Cucumber and Tomato Salad, but this bad boy is my new fall go-to.
This bountiful bowl will fill you up, keep your belly satisfied and give you a mega surge of energy. It’s exactly what I needed for lunch on Wednesday as I balanced writing assignments, recipe testing and blogstuffs. Somehow after eating this, I found the energy to wipe down the kitchen walls…
I’m excited to share this recipe because it’s bomb, but I’m *especially* excited to share it for my pescetarian pals. Some of them have only recently transitioned and, despite the fact that this lifestyle offers a plethora of tasty options, one might feel a little lost in the beginning.
Salmon is one of my favorite fish to work with. When cooked properly, it’s absolutely amazing.
It’s flaky, moist and incredibly versatile.
The salad itself includes a mix of baby spinach and arugula, grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, walnuts, red onion and kale microgreens. It’s pretty simple, but the flavors are hella good.
The sweet curry vinaigrette is really subtle and light, so if you’re trying to cut back on dressing like I am (I’ve honestly spent most of my life defeating the purpose of eating salads by drowning them in goop), then this salad is perfect. You get all the flavor with very little calories.
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE? SNAP A PIC AND TAG ME ON INSTA! @KILLING__THYME /#KILLINGTHYME
Harissa-Spiced Salmon Salad With Sweet Curry Vinaigrette
- 5-6 oz salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Harissa spice
- Kosher salt and cracked black Pepper
- 1 cup heaping of baby spinach
- 1 cup heaping of arugula
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1.5 oz grape tomatoes sliced
- 0.5 oz walnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion diced
- 1/2 cup kale microgreens optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Kosher salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees C.
- Drizzle olive oil on salmon and sprinkle on the salt and pepper.
- Evenly sprinkle the Harissa spice over the salmon fillet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until salmon is flakey.
- Toss all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss to evenly coat.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together until combined.
- Place the tossed salad into a serving bowl and top with salmon fillet.