I’m kind of stoked to give this Homemade Chili and Taco Seasoning blend it’s own post. One might say I’ve been dying to taco bout it… (ugh, sorry).
For one, I really want to expand my “marinades, rubs + sauces” archives; and second, it’s perfect for any sort of chili or taco dish. It’s my go-to for tacos, fajitas, taco dips, and of course this Easy Slowcooker Vegetarian Chili which, might I add, is a damn good chili. (My Mom said so.)
So chuck the pre-packaged blends and start making your own! Because… because, why not?
Homemade Chili and Taco Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1.5 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.5 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Blend all of the seasonings into a small bowl.
- Seal if any is leftover and leave in a dry space, like the pantry.