Fancy toast is definitely worth getting excited about. In this case, I’m not quite sure what I was more excited about – the fancy toast, or the French Breakfast Radishes. When I saw these at Whole Foods over the weekend, I was just like… NEED.
Whole Foods is basically a produce wonderland. Some husbands sweat when their wives walk by a shoe store – not mine! My husband sweats when I’m in the produce section at Whole Foods. Tsk!
These radishes, though.
Radishes always seem to heighten the aesthetics of a dish with their gorgeous fuchsia exteriors and ethereal centers. Usually I slice them really thin with my mandolin and throw them in salads for added “Wow!” factor, but with these being called French Breakfast Radishes I thought – hey, why not breakfast?
My mornings are extremely regimented. On Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays, I hit the gym at 6am – so I’m eating toast and peanut butter with bananas pre-workout and protein post-workout. Strict. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I usually munch on some Mini Wheats to get my healthy dose of fiber. (Fun fact: Chocolate Mini Wheats have less sugar and more fiber and Fiber 1 cereal!)
On the weekends I tend to stick to my routine, but every once in a while I get a little fancy-dancy. Sometimes it’s omelettes; on the odd occasion it’s pancakes. This past weekend, I opted for bagel thins with cream cheese, fresh chopped dill, French Breakfast radishes, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and chives. It’s really a shame that I live so far away from my Mother and Mother-in-Law, because these would have been a great addition to a Mothers Day brunch.
Pin French Breakfast Radishes on Toast for later:
French Breakfast Radishes on Toast
- 1 slices bagel thin can use toast or several of toasted baguette, halved and toasted
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 French Breakfast Radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice approx. 1 lemon wedge
- Chopped chives for garnish optional
- Spread the cream cheese evenly on your toasted bagel thin.
- Sprinkle both halves with half of the chopped dill.
- Top with slices of French Breakfast Radishes.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the dill.
- Spritz lemon juice over the toasts.
- Garnish with Chives.