I’m learning that frozen yogurt can, in fact, be just as good as ice cream… and maybe better.
Yeah, I said it.
See, I learned something today. I learned that if you use two cups of plain Greek yogurt as opposed to one cup of plain Greek yogurt and one cup of milk, you end up with a smooth consistency that is comparable to frozen custard. And if you’ve ever had frozen custard, you already know that it’s the best damn frozen treat in the world–hands down.
Valentine’s Day is coming up, and you’re doing one of two things: spending it with someone you think is awesome, or spending it with your awesome self. Either way, this sexy treat is the perfect dessert for lovers of red wine and dark chocolate.
I’ll give you one guess for what it pairs well with.
Red Wine and Cocoa Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cups of plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup of red wine
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- 1/4 cup of natural unsweetened cocoa
GARNISHshaved dark chocolate
- In a large bowl, whisk together plain Greek yogurt, red wine, honey, and cocoa.
- When thoroughly mixed, transfer to an ice cream machine and churn as per the manufacturer's instructions.
- When done, transfer to a freezer-friendly container and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Serve with shaved dark chocolate sprinkled on to.
Recipe yields 1 quart.