Broccolini is totes my new favorite vegetable side. For one, it cooks super fast – so you don’t have to drive yourself crazy trying to time it to be ready at the same time as your main! In addition to that, it’s hella yummy, crunchy, and it really soaks in the flavors you’re looking for.
Here, I went with sesame and soy as my main flavors (though you definitely taste the garlic). Additionally, to add a bit of heat, I added chili flakes. I couldn’t resist – consider the chili flakes optional in this Sesame Soy Broccolini.
Sesame Soy Broccolini
- 2 bunches of fresh broccolini
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil divided
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of low sodium Kikkoman sauce
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of dried chili flakes optional
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a wok or large saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add the sliced garlic and chili flakes. Simmer for approx. 30 seconds.
- Add the broccolini and water. Toss to coat, cover, and cook for approx. 4 minutes or until the broccolini is tender.
- Transfer contents from wok or pan to a serving dish.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce over the broccolini.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve hot!