Carrots! Gotta love that crunch. I’d like to say that they’re great for your eyes as well, but I’ve eaten a decent amount of carrots in my lifetime and…remember that time my retina detached earlier this year? Yeah, so. We’re going to chalk that up as an old wives tale.
Despite eating a decent amount of carrots in my lifetime, they sit closer to the bottom of my ‘favorite veggies’ list. I’m a greens girl myself – give me ALL the broccoli and brussel sprouts and asparagus, please! But – carrots deserve some love too, and this recipe is all about the carrot love. They are roasted in not only butter, but butter sweetened by brown sugar and seasoned with curry powder. It’s a superb flavor for this time of year and it would make a great side for Thanksgiving dinner – just saying!
I used rainbow carrots, because they’re absolutely stunning, but you can use any carrots you darn well please. Really, I don’t carrot all. Ha. Haha. Ugh.
Roasted Carrots with Sweet Curry Butter
- 3 bunches of baby rainbow carrots
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of yellow curry powder
- Pre-heat oven to 450° F.
- Trim the stems from the carrots and wash the carrots thoroughly. Pat to dry and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the brown sugar and the yellow curry powder.
- Whisk thoroughly until the sugar and curry powder have dissolved.
- Place the carrots in a baking dish.
- Carefully pour the butter mixture over the carrots. Toss to evenly coat.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes or until the carrots have browned slightly and are tender.