Since this recipe was originally posted, Killing Thyme has shifted it’s focus to the pesco-vegetarian diet. I’ve decided to keep a few popular meat recipes in my index for your convenience, including this one.
It’s hard to beat the flavor of Buffalo chicken wings; the heat from the hot sauce, the tang from the vinegar, and the smoothness from the butter together create an essence that leaves one pining for more. The only downfall with Buffalo wings is that you have a bone to gnaw around – you can’t just shove all of that flavor into your gaping maw like you want to. I mean hey, it’s a great way to savor the flavor, but sometimes I just want to be a caveman about it and take a huge bite out of that zesty goodness.
This Slow Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken resolves that issue, thankfully. The best part? It’s so much easier than preparing chicken wings – all you need is a slow cooker and four ingredients! This is a perfect fix for a busy weekday or a lazy Sunday! It’s always a hit as a Sunday football snack as well – your guests will be begging for the recipe.
Slow Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 12 oz Frank's Hot Sauce original
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 14 grams of Original Ranch dry dressing and seasoning mix 1/2 of a 1.0 oz packet
- Dump the Frank's Hot Sauce directly into the slow cooker.
- Mix in the Ranch packet mix and whisk/stir until mostly dissolved.
- Add the butter, and finally, the boneless chicken breasts.
- Cover the slow cooker, set on high, and cook for approx. 5-6 hours. If you're going to be away for over 6 hours, you can set the slow cooker to low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Approx. half hour before serving time, shred the chicken into fine shreds with two forks and stir. Cover and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Serve on fresh buns!